Vastu Rules for West Facing Houses
West facing houses are considered as third option by the people, as North is first and East as second choices houses respectively.
There is misbelieving that West facing houses are third preferences being they are treated Bad as per Vaastu. Living in a West facing houses is always invite troubles in life etc. but that’s not the case.
This could be only “misbelieve” because it’s not true; in fact a West facing houses can be as auspicious as of North or East oriented houses, if they are constructed according to Vastu principles.
Here Vastu shastra does not claims that North facing houses are good and West is bad. In fact, Vastu shastra, says all the directions are equally good to orient a house.
However, things that makes or breaks Vastu rules for a house is the location of main entrance and elemental placement in the house.
West Facing House Vastu – Tips and Guidelines
As mentioned earlier, the main entrance of the house plays big role in “Vastu shastra” and West facing house also does.
Now, according to Vaastu for West oriented house, the main door of the house can be located in any of the four padas i.e. 3rd, 4th, 5th or 6th on the West side. (As shown in the Image)
The Main entrance for West facing houses can also be placed in Pada 1 and 2 (But only if there’s no option to use 3, 4, 5 and 6 Pada); as this entrance may not give good results but it will not give bad results also
Padas 7, 8 and 9 are not suitable for placing a Main entrance door, means one should never locate the entrance door in this part of West side (Means in West of Southwest).
All other Vastu shastra rules will continue the same for West facing houses too!
West Facing House Vastu, What to Avoid
- Avoid placing main entrance in 7th, 8thand 9th Pada of West side.
- Never locate a bore-well or water sump in Southwest of the house.
- Never buy a House, Flat, Plot that having extension or Cut in South or Southwest.
- Never construct a kitchen in Southwest of the house.
West Facing House Vastu – What to Follow
- Locate the Main entrance in 3rd, 4th, 5thor 6th Pada in West direction.
- You can also use 1stand 2nd Pada if you interested.
- The West and South walls must be thicker and higher than East and North.
- Have a kitchen in Southeast or Northwest of the house.
- Master bedroom in Southwest is better but if the house is malty story then locate the master bedroom on the uppermost floor.
- Living room and Pooja room should be in Northeast part of the house
- A guest room can be in Northwest.
In fact, West facing houses are also auspicious as of North or East oriented houses, if it strictly adheres with Vastu rules.
You can fetch happiness, wealth and prosperity in to your family by following the guidelines provided in the Vaastu Shastra irrespective of the construction of the house.