Vastu Tips for Water Tank (Overhead and Underground)
Water Tank Vastu Tips
The water tanks are of two types: one is underground and second is overhead. According to Vaastu, an underground water tank behaves in different way than the overhead one. So there’re different principles for each type of water tank.
Vastu Tips for Overhead Water Tank
An overhead water tank is one which is placed on roof of the house. Means it puts the load on the part where it is placed. That’s why it is to be placed in the permissible Vaastu area.
- Best to place in Southwest or West
- In rare cases it can be located in South in 4th Pada only
- Never place in Northeast as it makes the Northeast heavy
- Don’t place in Southeast this may results in loss of wealth and leads to accidents
- Never place in the center of house [Brahmsthan]
Apart from all this, here’re more vastu tips for overhead water tank.
- Always Keep Southwest and South tank on a platform which is 1-2 feet upper than the roof.
- For tank in the West you can place the tank on the roof.
- Blue or black colored plastic tanks can be used (probably avoid using plastic tanks)
- Keep the tanks always covered
- Clean them regularly
What to Avoid
- Never use plastic water tanks
- Never place the water tank exact above a kitchen or bedroom
Vastu tips for Underground Water Tank
An underground water tank is built by digging in the ground. Means it creates a depression in the area wherever it’s created. That’s why it’s very important to create in the allowed areas only as per Vaastu shastra.
- Locate the underground water tank in Northeast area of the house or Plot.
- It can be in North also
- Underground water tank can be located in 5thpada in West direction
Underground Water Tank – It’s Effects (Direction-Wise)
|Directions||Effects of Under-ground Water Tank|
|Northeast||Happiness and Prosperity|
|North||Wealth gaining, Happiness and Prosperity.|
|East||Prosperity and Wealth Gain.|
|West||Wealth gain; develops interest in Spirituality. Worries.|
|South||Mental Sickness, Loss of Wife. (permitted in 4th pada)|
|North-West||Enmity, Theft, Progeny affected; Mental Tension; Loss of Wealth. Balance of life is lost|
|South-West||Head of the Family may meet Accident, Violence, total failure in Jobs/Business, Wealth loss, Suicidal thoughts, Family clashes|
|Southeast (SE)||Loss of Wealth. Defames Owner. Kids in Problem. Clashes in family (Women may suffer more).|
|Center Brahmsthan||Bankruptcy and Total destruction of the family|